Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Catching up part 6

With the outside completed, except for the front porch and rear deck it is time to start on the inside. Since this will eventually be my woodworking shop I am going to leave the area as open as possible.


Before the bat insulation and horizontal studs were installed I used spray foam (Foam It Green, great product but a bit pricey) to spray all of the vertical and horizontal seams to give me a tight seal as well as keeping out the creepy crawlers. It was close to 100 degrees that day with very high humidity, on top of that I had to wear a pair of Tyvek coveralls and mask. I was sweating so much that the mask clogged up with sweat and I couldn't breathe, I had to raise up the mask take a few breathes and then spray some more. The big problem was if you didn't spray for a few seconds your tip would clog up and you would have to replace it. When I was finished I was so weak from sweating and the heat I had to set down about 15 minutes to recover, when I took off the coveralls I was drenched from head to toe, I couldn't have been any wetter if I had fallen into the pond.

Until next time,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment