Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Barn part 4 / day 4

On the forth day the crew first added some stiffeners to the roof and then started on the siding. One thing I noticed that the do different then any buildings I have ever built or seen built, is they use chains to square the building verses boards.


After they finished with the siding and wainscoting, they started on the skylights. I had the skylights or I guess sidelights put in the side, on one of my other buildings I have them in the roof and they are always sweating on stuff below. They have a hydraulic scaffold on top of the tractor which sure comes in handy. This is where they stopped at the end of day 4 with both the north and south wall completed.


After the crew left I took a few minutes to wet a fishing line in the pond. I caught a few decent size bass, it sure was a lot easier fishing with the banks cleaned off.

After fishing it was time to get back to work. I mowed and trimmed around the little shack and moved some firewood I had cut up in the yard from some limbs that had fallen during the winter ice storm we had.

After I finished mowing I drove down an old country road where we have a friend that has a farm, I went past his farm another couple of miles and found this old one lane bridge. It was built by the Smith Bridge Co. of Toledo OH. 1884.
Until next time have a great day.
Tim



1 comment:

  1. Wow, it sure is fun to see the barn go up. I haven't seen one built like this, it looks very nicely done. The translucent at the top is a good idea, I wish I had done that here way back when.

    Nice bass too! :)

    Ron

    ReplyDelete